Barcelona wants to finalize the acquisition of Lionel Messi before their preseason tour begins in the United States of America according to a report from SPORT.
The sole competition for Barcelona in this contest comes from PSG who want Messi to stay in Paris at least another season. But it appears the players time in Ligue 1 is over.
As a result La Liga has begun to create promos and commercials regarding Messis return to Barcelona using his photographs.
In a 4-4-2 diamond configuration he intends to utilize him as an attacking midfielder behind Robert Lewandowski and Ousmane Dembele.
As for La Ligas involvement the clubs marketing vice president said “Of course and it would be very stupid if Tebas didnt help us if this agreement ends up happening.”
ADVANCED DISCUSSIONS BETWEEN BARCELONA AND TOTTENHAM FOR THE INTER MILAN DEFENSIVE TARGET
According to a SPORT report preliminary discussions for Clement Lenglet have begun between Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur recently.
Since the 2022–23 season began Lenglet has been on loan at Tottenham; however his loan agreement did not contain an option to purchase him on a long-term basis. Before joining them the Frenchman also cut his wage.
Even if his performances have not been especially impressive the English club is trying to strengthen the team before a new manager takes over for the 2023–24 season.
Lenglet is content to go because he is already aware that he wont be playing for Barcelona in the upcoming campaign.
They must also contend with Samuel Umtitis return from Lecce where he is also on loan for the remainder of the campaign.
Read also – MESSIS POSSIBLE RETURN TO BARCELONA HEAVYWEIGHTS WITH XAVI HAS BEEN DISCUSSED EARLIER
GRIEZMANN CONTEMPLATES BARCELONA STINT BEFORE LA LIGA CHALLENGE: “ANOTHER SYSTEM ANOTHER POSITION”
In the summer of 2019 Barcelona paid a staggering €120 million to get Griezmann from Atletico Madrid.
The Frenchman performed better in his second season with Barcelona as Ronald Koemans squad went on to win the Copa del Rey.
After considerable controversy in the early goings of the current campaign, the Rojiblancos secured Griezmann on a permanent basis for a fee of €24 million plus add-ons.
He remarked in an interview with DAZN (via Mundo Deportivo): “It was a tough first year as a sub without playing a different system in another position… All of it required me to adjust.
Griezmann said “I liked my second year; I enjoyed it.
“We’re now on another run and we must appreciate what we have. We have a fantastic matchup ahead of us and will attempt to go there and win and grab the three points” he said.
Memphis Depay a another ex-Barcelona attacker who currently represents Atletico Madrid entered the match with vengeance also on his mind.
Barça will look to get back on track against Diego Simeone’s team on Sunday after being held to two straight scoreless draws by Girona and Getafe.
WHAT MAKES BARCELONA LIKELY TO RESIST A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BAN
Following a meeting in Slovenia between UEFA head Aleksander Ceferin and club president Joan Laporta Barcelona is likely to be spared from the possibility of a Champions League suspension for the upcoming season.
Sport however reports that the discussion went smoothly and that Laporta was successful in convincing Ceferin to postpone any further action until the Spanish legal procedure is complete.
Barcelona is now experiencing money troubles including issues with its pay cap and mounting debt.
President of La Liga Javier Tebas has previously forewarned Barça that if they want to re-sign Lionel Messi for free they must follow stringent financial guidelines.